Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Daddy

Several of my friends and I 
are part of a horrible group...
we have all lost our fathers.
It is a really sucky group to be a part of.
Yesterday marked 6 years
since my daddy died.
He was such a foodie and great cook.
So, when he was in the hospital and said, 
"I know just what I want to eat when I get out of here"
we immediately thought, 
"Yea, steak, veggies, red wine, and then a beer."
Right?
Nope.
He said, "Fruit Salad and a Diet Coke."

Unfortunately, he never got to have that...
so every year on May 23rd
I have it for him.
I wish I knew what he wanted in his salad,
but here is what I had this year:
mandarin oranges,
strawberries,
pineapples,
blueberries,
grapes,
and kiwi.
...and of course a Diet Coke to drink.


3 comments:

  1. Just got my makeup on, and now my mascara is running down my face. Hugs to you and yours. This is such a cute and fun way to remember your dad! I'm sure he is still very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A memorial salad sounds wonderful. I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, ladies.
    it sure doesnt get any easier. :(

    ReplyDelete